[mythtv-users] Help making HDPVR IR transmit word

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Mon Jul 2 21:21:20 UTC 2012

I'm slowly working my way through getting the IR transmitter working on my HDPVR.  I now have hdpvr.ko and lirc_zilog.ko loading without error, and thanks to a udev rule my /dev/lirc0 shows as /dev/HDPVR_IR.  I have the /etc/lird/lircd.conf copied from the internet (with all HDPVR codes), and the /etc/lircd/hardware.conf shown below.

Whenever I try to send an IR code I get the following:

[root at dvr scripts]# /usr/bin/irsend --device=/dev/HDPVR_IR SEND_ONCE blaster 0_125_KEY_POWER
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: Connection refused
I can't figure my way past this.  Can someone help?  I see that I also have a /dev/lircd device, but using that (by default) gives:

[root at dvr scripts]# /usr/bin/irsend SEND_ONCE blaster 0_125_KEY_POWER
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE blaster 0_125_KEY_POWER
irsend: hardware does not support sending
No idea what /dev/lircd and the above means...

/etc/lircd/hardware.conf:

#Chosen IR transmitter
    TRANSMITTER="HD-PVR"
    TRANSMITTER_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_zilog"
    TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
    TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/HDPVR_IR"
    TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
    TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""