[mythtv-users] Recording the same program at the same time using 2 different tuners.

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:57:11 UTC 2012

>> Is there any good way to record the same program using 2 different
>> tuners at the same time on 0.25 fixes? I want to move from my analog
>> based pvr500 / DTA to my HDHR prime however only after I have verified
>> for a few weeks that the HDHR Prime is as reliable as the pvr500 /
>> DTA.
>
> No, there is no easy way to do this.  Your safest bet is to setup
> several manual recordings to test your HDHR Prime.

The first idea I had to get around this was to virtulize mythbackend
(using lxc containers - which I am already using on the master backend
for other purposes) and make a totally separate backend and allocate
it a single tuner of my prime to that. In this case I can be sure that
I have no scheduling problems / conflicts although moving the
recordings between the independent backends will probably take some
effort. I am thinking mytharchive export / import or maybe just
putting the recordings in the video storage group after removing the
commercials..

John