[mythtv-users] Watch List not considering season/episode order?

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Mon Jul 2 09:19:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

I use the Watch List feature in MythTV Watch Recordings, which I believe
is supposed to show you the next episode that should be watched in all
your shows. However, I've recently realised that it isn't always showing
me the correct next episode. Before I open this as a bug, I wanted to
check my understanding of it, as I couldn't find anything in the
documentation about how exactly the Watch List feature works.

At the moment, I think it is showing me the earliest recorded unwatched
episode in each show. However, often shows here (in UK, especially
repeats of series like CSI on Channel 5) get shown and recorded
out-of-order. I use the new metadata feature to manually add
season/episode number data to each show, and have my sort order set to
season/episode. This means that shows are in the correct order when I
select the show itself.

However, the Watch List feature doesn't seem to take account of this and
is still (I think) just showing me the earliest recorded episode,
ignoring the season/episode numbering and the sort order that I set.
Does that fit with other people's experiences too?

If it's relevant, our data in the UK doesn't have original-air-date
metadata.

Cheers,

John

--