[mythtv-users] Comcast, HDhomerun prime and mythtv

Sun Jul 1 17:55:04 UTC 2012

I am in the North Atlanta area, all of the sudden I am starting to be
unable to watch/recording a bunch of channels using a hdhomerun prime. it
is my understanding that it is Comcast's corporate policy to mark
non-premium channels as "copy-freely" for use with the of Tivo and
Tivo-like appliances.

Tech support of hdhomerun has reviewed the logs and said

"The logs show that your CableCARD is not providing CCI copy protection
status for any channels. As a result, the HDHomeRun PRIME is required to
check for and follow any CGMS copy protection specified by the channel
originator."

This is already affecting all of the following channels and likely more
since I didn't go though the 700-800 channel ranges.

41 TNT
53 SPSO
58 Truetv
65 TVLND
66 AMC
108 NGW
109 NGEOG
117 WE
131 NOG
133 NICKN
134 WAM!
139 MTVH
140 MTV2
141 MTV3
142 MTVJ
143 VH1CL
145 CMTP
146 CMT
148 FUSE
149 Movie
150 ENCOR
152 ENACT
156 LOVE
158 DRAMA
163 LOGO
165 SUND
167 INDIE
179 GAME
201 FSSDH
204 TNTHD
209 PLDHD
213 NGEHD
229 AMCHD
237 TBS

Basic level techsupport was unable to assist, is there another group inside
of comcast that I can contact to see about resolving these issues? Any
other Comcast customers having this same issue?