[mythtv-users] [OT] LCD TV or LCD Monitor for Front-end

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:55:54 UTC 2012

On 1/31/2012 2:45 PM, John Welch wrote:
> I know this is at least slightly off topic, but I'm hoping some people
> here will
> have some good insight / info that they can pass along.  In my bedroom I
> currently have a Samsung 26" 720p LCD TV connected as a frontend.  In
> addition
> to the frontend PC, I also have the TV connected to a cable box and a
> blu-ray
> player.
>
> Recently while changing some connections the HDMI port on the TV
> became loose.
> It is now to the point where when I try to use the HDMI connection
> I'll either
> get a "no connection" message on the TV or the colors will be messed up.
> Sometimes I can fiddle with the cable and get it to display OK.  But
> even then,
> after some time of the picture being OK it will either drop out
> entirely or the
> colors will go bad again.  I've tried jerry-rigging the connection to
> secure it a little but so far nothing has really done the trick.

If you are happy with what you have, take it apart and try to fix that
loose socket.
If you aren't good at soldering then you may need to find someone who is.

I recently replaced 3 caps in my Samsung that died. It was an ugly
solder job
but the tv works again and it cost me less that $10 to fix it. I really
liked the tv and
was not looking forward to finding a replacement. So glad I decided to
try it...