[mythtv-users] Mythvideo double metadata entries

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 23:54:35 UTC 2012

I am in the process of moving and renaming files to tidy things up and
get mythvideo metadata working right. This has been working fine as
long as I name everything in the conventions mythvideo expects, with
the occasional venture to themoviedb.org and thetvdb.org to check
their spellings and episode orders (particularly specials of TV
series).

This has been working fine, although of course a lot of moving stuff
out of mythvideo's range, scanning, renaming files, move back again,
re-scan. I have probably performed about 100-200 scans this weekend.

Somehow on the last few scans some movies have turned up again so that
they now have double entries. eg

According to mysql the entries in videometadata for this movie are
identical except:

intid (you'd expect these to be different)
insertdate (1st one added 2012-01-27 21:21:51, second added 2012-01-28 18:45:38)
runtime (one is 128 mins, the other 129)

In the gui, the entries look identical, except the cast list is the
same, but presented in a different order. I do NOT have browse mode
on.

Any idea why this would suddenly happen?