[mythtv-users] Vaapi use on Sandy Bridge

kenkyee at yahoo.com kenkyee at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 19:39:30 UTC 2012

FYI, I did add a new profile...got to choose vaapi and it set up openglvaapi for the decoder.  I then added an entry that said > 0 0 use vaapi.
No surprise at this point, but poof...mythfrontend croaks and gets restarted.
I'm back to the Normal profile so I can keep using it.  It only sucks 15% CPU w/ ffmeg/xvideo but it'd be nice if vaapi worked because I thought it was working :-P
Looks like William and I are experiencing the same issue :-(