[mythtv-users] MythTV and 3D ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 13:07:48 UTC 2012

David Watkins wrote:

>Over Christmas we unintentionally recorded a film (Streetdance I
>think) on our Myth system which was broadcast in side-by-side 3D.
>
>I didn't find any way of playing it back in anything other than
>side-by-side view but one of my children mananged to watch it like
>that.  I suspect that after a few minutes the brain manages to ignore
>one of the images.  I wouldn't recommend it though.

I had wondered if you could "force" your brain to adjust by using two
cardboard tubes to restrict each eye to it's half of the picture. The
convergence would be way out, but the brain is apparently quite
capable of adapting - hence some of the experiments with people
wearing "upside-down" goggles long term.

You'd still get "matchstick" people though - like the days when
they'd shrink widescreen films into normal 4:3 so you could see all
the titles and credits.

You could always put a sheet of cardboard over half of the screen !
--
Simon Hobson