[mythtv-users] Best strategy to avoid recordings in HDTV

Stefan Lands e350notifier at alice.de
Thu Jan 26 01:39:38 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm searching for a possibility to configure mythtv as follows: My
videosource contains a few channels twice of which one is SDTV and the
other one HDTV. When watching livetv I'm preferring watching the channel
in HDTV. But custom scheduled recordings (I have a bunch of rules
created for those) should only be recorded in SDTV to save some
harddisk-space.

Now I'm wondering what could be the best possibility to do that? By now
I'm adding a "AND NOT program.hdtv > 0". Maybe there is a better
possibility to restrict recordings globally to SDTV. Has anybody a
solution for this?

Thanks for your help.