[mythtv-users] Installing and updating mythtv

Gavin Whitehead gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 22:30:10 UTC 2012

Folks,

I am about to install MythTV for the first time on an Ubuntu 11.10 system.
I just ran Synaptic and noticed that the MythTV package version is
'0.24.0+fixes.20110908.  Quite old I think.

Having googled around the topic I can see lots of people talking about
using the Mythbuntu repository.

Can anyone tell me how I can configure Synaptic to use the Mythbuntu
repository?
If that is possible will I be able to install just the MythTV packages?
And will the prerequisites (required packages) still work when I do
install the MythTV packages from the Mythbuntu repository?
And (and) will that allow me to keep the MythTV packages up to date?
And (and and!) is this the 'best' (or at least a good) way to go about
things?

Confusedly,

Gavin