[mythtv-users] Some small questions after 0.24.1 upgrade

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:36:49 UTC 2012

So, I just upgraded my 0.23 fixes to 0.24.1 and had a couple
comments/questions ...

In 0.23 when I started to play a recorded program I'd get a "Please Wait"
screen popup for the time between pressing the button and playback actually
starting.  This seems to be gone now and as playback can sometimes take a
few seconds to start, this can result in "Did I press the button right?  Is
it freezing up?" moments.  Is this something the theme provides?  I've
switched to Blue Abstract from the MythBuntu theme, but neither seem to
give the please wait screen.

In 0.23 there would be a second or two of no sound after I started
playback.  I used to think that was my amp switching from dolby pl to dolby
surround because I was pretty sure I'd seen the same thing on the
playstation when it changed audio formats, but I guess not because that
moment of silence is now gone, which is awesome.  Except sometimes my 5.1
recording have a crackle at the very start.

The power recording rule for re-recording SD programs in HD is great, the
only catch is my SD recordings are still there.  I think if I set the max
recordings settings on this rule it would result in just keeping one of the
HD re-recordings rather than deleting the old SD recording, is that right?
 What would be the best way to identify where I have duplicates other than
manually browsing through all my recordings?  A sql query?