[mythtv-users] 0.24 upgrade, audio buffer underruns

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 03:59:00 UTC 2012

On 24 January 2012 13:16, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting.  I'm connected with HDMI using the S/PDIF pass through from the
> onboard sound.

That's irrelevant..

audio device can do only stereo PCM or 5.1 AC3 and DTS. Nothing more...
All your video card does is insert the spdif signal into the hdmi one
> My sound system does report Dolby Digital with all 5 speakers lit up.  On a
> stereo recording (upscaling disabled) it stays on Dolby PL with two speakers
> lit up.

you must have configure some alsa custom config elsewhere then.

> It's getting into TV viewing time now, so I'll mess around with it again
> tomorrow and get those logs to you then.

let me know, still interested why forcing the StereoPCM wouldn't work.

Also, quote
aplay -L
and aplay -l