[mythtv-users] LIRC problem after mythbuntu upgrade

mlt at etruscott.co.uk mlt at etruscott.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 18:28:33 UTC 2012

I have managed to resolve this and get it working, this email is to
leave a record to stop others wasting time if they have the same problem

My problem was that I had 2 potential usb ir-receivers plugged in when
lirc was installed;  the MCE-usb transceiver and the ir receiver on my
hauppage nova stick (which I had overlooked).

I clean reinstalled lirc and anything with lirc in its name with only
the mce receiver installed.  It worked straightaway as designed with no
problems so far and continued to work when the nova stick was installed.

Clearly, there was confusion with both being present at installation.