[mythtv-users] unable to connect to backend on localhost

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Jan 21 22:25:52 UTC 2012

After the initial connection from my remote box had been made and then
failed, and while the frontend default-theme screen was still displaying
its 'unable to connect to the database' message I sshed into mysql from
TT3 as user mythtv and queried the server status.

Connection id 233, Current database mythconverg, user mythtv at localhost,
SSL not in use, Connection localhost via UNIX socket,
Server Characterset latin1, others utf8

Anything here look like a possible culprit? And a cure?

John P