[mythtv-users] thetvdb fanart missing from Myth

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Jan 21 18:12:49 UTC 2012

On 1/21/2012 12:54, Ken Truesdale wrote:
> I record a TV show that isn't coming up with fanart.  I found that the program wasn't on thetvdb, so I created the show on thetvdb.com and entered the Zap2it/SD ID on thetvdb to correspond to what I see in the seriesid column of the recorded table in the mythtv database.  Nothing shows up in Myth.

0.24 does not support fanart for recordings in any coordinated manner.
It does not store integer season and episode numbers, it does not store
reference IDs besides what comes from SD/XMLTV, and it does not store
selected artwork.  0.24 will simply search for any file in the relevant
storage group with a matching title, and display any it finds.  It
relies on those images to be populated by similar shows stored in
MythVideo, or directly by JAMU.

0.25 does have proper support for fanart in recordings, but lookups
follow the same rules as in MythVideo.  It searches with the defined
grabber script for a matching title, stores the reference for that
title, and then pulls metadata and artwork for the episode in
particular.  The TMS reference ID is never used in this process.  You
can preset the reference within the recording rule, to ensure the
correct series is used when pulling metadata.