[mythtv-users] Weird lirc problems

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 15:28:02 UTC 2012

> Maybe someone heard, how to disable IR controller arrows (so they are
> not beeing used by OS), or somehow set them not to use repeat.

It's possible X-Windows is detecting your remote as a keyboard and
processing [some of] the keys.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/483001?search_string=lirc%20remote%20repeat;#483001

If this turns out to be the case then, rather than configuring X to
ignore your remote (as described in the above thread), you might want
to consider ditching lirc and using a combination of xev and xmodmap
to map the remainder of your remote's buttons to the keycodes that
mythtv expects.  I've recently made this switch, and ended up with a
much more responsive remote.