[mythtv-users] Hardware and software battles

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Fri Jan 20 14:40:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Keith Pyle <kpyle at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> If I interpret the commit logs at kernellabs.com and linuxtv.org
> correctly, it's probably more accurate to say that the development for
> the 2250 stopped as of at least 15 months ago (20 months for
> saa7164-stable).  At least, that was the most recent commit related to
> the SAA7164.  So, I'm not sure that there is any work being done on the
> analog side.  (This isn't a complaint, but an observation.  I know I
> could not have done what Steven Toth did for the 2250.)

This is generally correct.  The HVR-2200/2250 project was done for a
couple of commercial customers, and it went upstream in an effort to
give something back to the community.  That said, the commercial
customers are satisfied with the performance/reliability of the device
(for their use cases) which has resulted in development slowing down
(combined with being very busy with other projects and not having
cycles to dedicated to tracking down relatively obscure edge cases).

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs