[mythtv-users] Wrong language returned by themoviedb script

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jan 18 15:09:43 UTC 2012

On 1/18/2012 09:31, Chris Oattes wrote:
> On Wed, January 18, 2012 13:01, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
>> I know the devs have limited to no time and
>> this is not a problem for English speaking users, but is there a chance of
>> moving to ver. 3 of the API? I guess "No" means I'll have to translate
>> some movies to Greek, whish is not a problem, but I have to ask :) Best
>> regards,
>>
>> Yianni.
> The initial script for v3 of the API was committed to trunk here:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/22a35591304665ca91b37e4936a09036332abe93
> however v3 of the TMDB API is still in beta, which might impact on the
> decision to make it the primary source of metadata.

It absolutely will.  The API and grabber are more or less functional
now, but MythTV will not transition over to it until the v3 API gets
officially released.  The search mechanism is broken, some content
lookups return bad or no results, there is no failover mechanism for
language as that is to be implemented on the client side now, methods
are still being added and modified regularly, and there is just a
significant amount of debugging and error handling that needs to happen
on both ends before it becomes primary.