[mythtv-users] MythVideo: Missing items

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 02:26:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 1/17/2012 20:53, Blammo wrote:
>> As an example, I have a directory with 12 files in it. Frontend#1 sees
>> 6 video files. MythWeb sees 6 video files. UPNP sees 12. MythFrontend
>> ON the backend sees 12.  No amount of "scan for changes" will make
>> frontend #1 or mythweb see the files.
>
> When using MythVideo, the content lists come from the database, not the
> filesystem.  All frontends will be pulling the same exact list out of
> the database, and be displaying the same exact content, unless you have
> file browse mode enabled.  Browse mode ignores the database, and rescans
> the filesystem every time you enter MythVideo.  Browse mode should not
> result in such behavior, but is the only way I can think of that
> different frontends would show different content.

Enabling "File Browse" mode, even after restarting the frontend, shows
6 files. Disabling File Browse shows 6 files.

> In 0.24 and previous, the UPnP server is completely independent of
> MythVideo, and uses the old local folder definitions set through the
> frontend, rather than the Storage Group paths.  In 0.25, the UPnP server
> will pull its content list out of the same database table as everything
> else.

Sounds like I may want to remount the NFS mounts again for the time being..

Only odd thing I found, with -v all turned on was this:

2012-01-17 18:24:20.366 Warning: container 'mythvideo' is missing
child 'screenshot'
2012-01-17 18:24:20.366 Warning: container 'mythvideo' is missing child 'banner'
2012-01-17 18:24:20.366 Warning: container 'mythvideo' is missing child 'fanart'
2012-01-17 18:24:20.518 Warning: container 'mythvideo' is missing
child 'screenshot'
2012-01-17 18:24:20.518 Warning: container 'mythvideo' is missing child 'banner'
2012-01-17 18:24:20.518 Warning: container 'mythvideo' is missing child 'fanart'

Strangely, they do have the screenart/banner/fanart folders.. Color me puzzled.