[mythtv-users] MythVideo: Missing items

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:53:26 UTC 2012

I have 2 different frontends, all running, as i understand it, the
latest recommendation for talking to a backend, which is storage
groups and upnp (as opposed to NFS mounting a video directory).
(Fedora, and Mythbuntu btw). I also have 3 different upnp/dlna
clients.

I've noticed that the mythfrontends will, over time, start to "lose"
files from the mythvideo folder. You can see them when you browse with
the mythfrontend process ON the backend itself, but remote
mythfrontends won't see the files.

As an example, I have a directory with 12 files in it. Frontend#1 sees
6 video files. MythWeb sees 6 video files. UPNP sees 12. MythFrontend
ON the backend sees 12.  No amount of "scan for changes" will make
frontend #1 or mythweb see the files. I believe it has something to do
with the files themselves, since, even when moving them to a new
directory, frontend #1 won't show the files. At all. (on the 'old'
frontend1, one specific file would disappear every time I did a cover
update for it.. <poof> it wouldn't show up in the list.. I could go to
mythweb, remove the cover, and it would come back.. Something VERY
odd....)

I went so far as to replace the HD in frontend1 with a new HD/newOS
and even named it something new (frontend2), so that none of the old
settings would apply. That seemed to "cure" it for a while, but now
the behavior is back.

Where in the MySQL database might -per-host- settings like that be
kept, and any suggestions on how to cure it? Frustrating, as you can
imagine.

To be clear. The files EXIST, other frontends can see them (at least
right now), (1) specifically cannot.

myth at frontend2:~$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-80-g1de0431
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.3
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Any ideas?