[mythtv-users] NVidia Settings not Being Retained?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:38:44 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, 17 January 2012, Scott and Nicole Harris <snharris99 at live.com>
wrote:

> I have a 430GT running NVidia drivers 280.13 (anything above that causes
too many Myth issues) on Mythbuntu 10.04.  When I set the colorspace to
YCrCb444 with NVidia settings (not opened as root), the settings only seem
partially retained across reboots.  By partially, when I reboot, the
machine will run RGB Full (I can tell because my TV won't overscan RGB
signals but will YCrCB444 signals), however as soon as I open
nvidia-settings to revert it back, it then kicks to YCrCb444 which is still
selected in the nvidia-control panel (I can tell because my screen goes
blank for a second, and my overscan settings change).
> Anyone have any suggestions to get this to remain across reboots from the
start without having to do a "dummy" nvidia-settings open?  Something in
xorg.conf perhaps?

If you want your user nvidia settings to be used after a reboot, you must
run nvidia-settings -l
Typically in a login script or in xinitrc