[mythtv-users] Playing Myth recordings on Blackberry Playbook

Nigel Jewell nige at grufty.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 19:03:54 UTC 2012

On 16/01/2012 14:03, Chris Kapp wrote:
> Hi.
> Here is a PDF that tells the video types the playbook supports.
> http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27267/Supported_Media_Types_on_BlackBerry_Tablets_(English).pdf
>
> I too have been trying to play the recordings from the HD PVR without
> success.  However, recordings that I have converted for my iPod do
> work.

YMMV but I've been using FFMPEG and trialling conversion from recordings
captured from a UK DVB-T source to the recommended settings with a
command such as:

ffmpeg -i input.mpg -strict experimental -f mp4 -vcodec mpeg4 -b 1500k
-r 25 -s hd720 -acodec aac -ab 128k -ac 2 -ar 44.1k -y output.mp4

So far looking promising as a good start.

Regards,
Nige.

FWIW this is using the standard ffmpeg available on FC15.