[mythtv-users] Mixing dvb-t2 and dvb-t tuners.

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sun Jan 15 12:28:15 UTC 2012

> If I enable active EIT scanning on one Nova-T (for the non-HD channels)
> and on the 290e (for the HD channels), I get the infamous i2c errors. So I
> have disabled EIT scanning on all tuners, which in turn means the
> programme guide only gets updated when recordings are made.
>
> That's not a problem for the non-HD channels as there are some children's
> programmes recorded each morning in SD. However, the HD programme guide
> can get a few days behind as recording HD programmes is rarer.
>
> I don't want to use the Radio Times guide as, ironically, it doesn't
> support radio, and I record a fair bit of radio.

You can talk to the metabroadcast people. They seem to have radio epg
in their atlas data, its just not exported to the radiotimes feed.

> Questions:
>
>   - is there a better way of keeping the programme guide up to date,
>     particularly for HD?

I have disabled active EIT scanning on one installation to make idle
shutdown and wakeup work better. The EIT gets updated by a manual daily
recording of 15min length in the middle of the night. I set it to
priority -99 so any recording at night will be preferred.

>   - is there a better way of configuring a mixture of HD and SD tuners?

I'll let someone with UK experience answer that as it likely depends on
local broadcasting habits.

Regards,
Karl