[mythtv-users] Auto-expanding SD programs on HDTV?

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Sat Jan 14 20:18:55 UTC 2012

Back when I had a mix of SD and HD stations, I think I had MythTV set
to auto-expand the SD programs to my preferred zoom settings.   Now
that all of my stations are HD, I seem to have forgotten the right
setting.   The Big Ten Network is only SD on my comcast service, and
when I watch programs from that channel, they are by default shown in
window-boxed mode, with black bars all around, and I need to zoom it
by hitting "w" which is not mapped on my remote.

So, the question is:  How can I make zoomed the default setting for SD
programs, or at least for this particular channel?