[mythtv-users] HDHR or Hauppauge HVR-2250 for next tuner card?

Jeffrey Preston jpreston at longlines.com
Sat Jan 14 05:08:57 UTC 2012

I live in the Midwest US and both of our local cable providers transmit SD channels on analog cable frequencies and have no plans to change for the next several years.

I think everyone, including MythTV developers, make the mistake in thinking that just because terrestrial OTA stations are required to transmit digital sugnals, that cable companies have to do the same...that don't and are not...at least in my area...and I bet others.

Just my observation...

Jeff
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail.

Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote: > I have an HDHomeRun and and two HDPVR's and am now in  need of another > tuner.  The cable company I have sets the copy flag so an HDHomeRun > prime would not be worth the money and I am really bummed about that.  I > used to use a PVR-150 for the analogue channels but it does not appear > to work any more(changing channels no longer works).  Should I get > another HDHomeRun since I watch mostly the channels that do not have the > copy flag set or should I get an HVR-2250 so I can get analogue and > clear QAM channels?  I guess my biggest question is does the analogue > really work on the HVR-2250 because many of the post I read say that > there are problems. > Assuming you're in the US - are you sure you'll have analog channels for very long? It seems like most cable cos are phasing out the analog. I'd go with the HDHR, or a HD-PVR with a cable box. Remember, though - the copy flag isn't the same!
  as the