[mythtv-users] 0.25_pre20120105: Dialog box "Scan for Changes" in Videos not updating properly

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Jan 11 20:44:33 UTC 2012

On 01/11/2012 07:55 PM, John Pilkington wrote:

<snip the 0.25 info>

> Scanning for changes isn't working for me now, in 0.24-fixes, but I had
> assumed that something had gone awry during my recent Fedora 14 to 15
> upgrade.  I still see files that have been in my Video directories for
> some time, but none that I have put there recently.  The frontend log
> reports  'buildFileList' and 'MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning'
> for the expected directories - in that order - but no new files appear;
>    I haven't tried the effect of removing an old one.  Permissions look ok.
>
> I suspect that I need to check for new ISP-generated hostnames screwing
> things up after the upgrade, but maybe it's a real bug. I haven't tried
> it often.
>
> fixes/0.24 [v0.24.1-106-g31e9528] from ATrpms.
>
> John P

A bit more on this:  I renamed one of the files that wasn't showing.  It
still isn't listed, but the log shows that the rename was noticed.

  MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning (/home/John/Videos)
2012-01-11 19:50:46.921 Hash 6198cbda6b9f2deb already exists in the
database, updating record 175 with new filename /home/John/Videos/xxxx.iso

Another file that had been renamed earlier is still shown under its old
name, and plays.

Sorry about the mini-hijack

John P