[mythtv-users] Script for detecting copy protected channels on the hdhomerun

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Jan 10 16:39:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 14:14 -0600, James Roberts wrote:
> At first I was going to set it to run after the mythfilldatabase and
> have it automatically set any channel with the string "protected" in
> it to not be visible, and I might still do that.  The problem is I
> still need to remove the channel from both Myth and Schedules Direct
> to keep the family from screwing up the front end.

You might be able to avoid having to mess around with Schedules Direct
if you run mythfilldatabase with --remove-new-channels. That will
prevent it from creating or modifying a channel that appears in SD once
you have removed it locally. The drawback is that genuine new channels
in SD won't appear locally until you deal with it manually.

--Greg