[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 21:31:03 UTC 2012

On 8 January 2012 20:31, Paul Warren <pdw at ex-parrot.com> wrote:
> On 08/01/2012 20:13, Tim Draper wrote:
>> looks like something has got very confused on my mythtv install - i
>> have 3 recording of the same show!
>> program in question: Dancing on Ice.
>> whats happening: mythtv is recording the HD (this should of been the
>> priority recording), SD, and the +1 showings!
>>
>> the recording rule was setup on the program itself ie: search by
>> program name, select one of the returned results, and select the
>> 'record at any time, any channel' option (as opposed to a generic
>> 'match by title' rule)
>>
>> BE is running 0.24.1, around 1 week old on updates.
>>
>> any ideas on whats happening, or how i can test further to see why
>> myth has done this?
>
> Connect to the database using the mysql command line tool and run:
>
> SELECT programid, starttime, title, chanid FROM program WHERE title LIKE
> 'Dancing%' ORDER BY starttime;
>
> and see what program IDs you have.
>
> Paul

http://pastebin.com/rY9pvGbT
looks like their all different! (i get my signal from satellite, so
being ITV, then it's regional, hence lots of channels)
the 3 recordings in question all have different IDs - #34 (+1), #111
(SD), #119 (HD).
i guess ITV/EIT listings screwed things up, rather than a mythtv issue.

annoying, but thanks for the assistance. I'll edit my recording rules
to 'one a week, on this channel/timeslot'.
i guess it's better than it not recording atall - SWMBO wouldn't be
happy with me if that were true :)