[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:46:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM, chrisham <chrisham at arcor.de> wrote:

> On 05.01.2012 17:14, Rob wrote:
> > Back in November, Mark Lord wrote:
> >
> >  >I have used both my (2010) Samsung TV, and a WDTV-Live+ box
> >  >to access/play recordings and videos from my mythbackend box
> >  >over the LAN.
> >
> > and Joe Henley wrote:
> >
> >  >I've got a Samsung LED TV (model UN46C8000XF) which has a DLNA client
> on
> >  >it.  I've used it to watch MythTV recordings via the Myth back-end DLNA
> >  >server.  Works a treat.
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> thanks for pointing out those two 'success stories' using MythTV as a
> DLNA server and a Philips device as a DLNA client.
>
> I just started a thread over at the Philips support forum because my new
> 42PFL7606 most decidedly *doesn't* work together with MythTV.
>
> I can see the server, I can browse pictures and Videos, but as soon as I
> try to browse recordings, the TV crashes.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Samsung TVs.
>
> Greetings,
>
>        -chrisham

I have a samsung captivate which will connect to mythtv's UPnP server via
the program "allshare".  I assume that this program would be available in
some form on their larger products, and *should* work the same.

As for other clients I have in use: (Which I have posted before and need to
add to the wiki.)  I have an LG Blu-Ray Disk Player and a Sony Blu-Ray Disc
Player.  The LG connects to the myth UPnP directly, but the Sony will not.
 I use mini DLNA  to share content to that player.  If you cannot get
anywhere on the root of the problem, you may want to give miniDLNA a try.

Works for me.

Jeremy