[mythtv-users] Manual Channel Add

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 5 19:01:00 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 09:10 AM, Christopher Provias wrote:
> I cannot for the life of me figure out how to successfully manually
> add 2 sub-channels.   After a full scan channels 67_2 (69405) and 67_3
> (73159) are not found even though they work in other applications.
>  Using the channel editor I think I have tried everything.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I can get guide data for
> these channels and schedule recordings.  The recordings show a B and
> fail.   Looking further I believe it is due to a failed channels
> change.   In the frontend the channel is just black when tuned.

Digital channels can't be added manually (excluding those captured
digitally from "external" tuners, such as firewire and HDHR Prime)--we
tune them based on the information in the stream on the tuned
multiplex.  If MythTV isn't getting information about the subchannels,
then either you need to fix MythTV to properly read the information your
provider is sending or you need to get your provider to fix the
information they're sending.

If you didn't in the first place, you must do a proper channel scan
using MythTV.

Mike