[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Rob rob.on.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:14:55 UTC 2012

and Joe Henley wrote:

 >I've got a Samsung LED TV (model UN46C8000XF) which has a DLNA client on
 >it.  I've used it to watch MythTV recordings via the Myth back-end DLNA
 >server.  Works a treat.

I am trying to connect a Samsung D5700 to a mythbackend version:
fixes/0.24 [v0.24.1-119-g4f6c691]
Mythtv does not show up in the list of media sources.  Using wireshark I
see that the myth server responds to M-SEARCH with a slew of
getDeviceDesc messages... to no avail.

So... is the D5700 as crippled as I believe I read, or does anyone have
a D5xxx feeding off myth?

Which Samsung TVs actually connect successfully to myth using DLNA?

(My reason to use DLNA is to have one "easy to use" remote control for
"on the air" and recorded contents.  For this location I cannot use myth
FE for Live TV due to its crashes).