[mythtv-users] Restarting master backend sometimes disconnects slave backend

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Wed Jan 4 02:29:26 UTC 2012

I have two backends -- the master runs the storage, and the slave
backend has a pair of tuners.

Sometimes when I restart the master backend (for example when I update
the packages installed), the slave backend fails to reconnect to it;
when in this state, the master shows the tuners from the slave as
unavailable. Restarting the slave backend fixes this.

Is there any way to workaround this problem that doesn't require
manually ssh'ing into the slave machine to restart the slave backend daemon?

Thanks,
- Marc