[mythtv-users] UPNP/DLNA experiences with MythTV

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Tue Jan 3 14:59:36 UTC 2012

On 01/02/12 08:25, MacLaren, James M wrote:
> FWIW I have a third party player running on my rt1073 players (asus
> oplay, seagate fat, etc)that allows commercial skipping, deleting of
> recordings, and viewing an epg with scheduling. Works nicely. I can
> switch between the stock dvdplayer and the "frontend" using the remote.
> James

Can you elaborate?  What "third party player" is this?  Does it
talk to a MythTV backend natively?  Or another media server?
Can you watch recordings while they are currently being
recorded?

Having a nice 5-10w silent solution that doesn't rely on the
vagaries of DLNA, can schedule recordings, and does commercial
skipping is what took me to SageTV 4 years ago.  Now that they
are dead, and you can no longer buy extenders or client licenses,
I'm looking for something to replace my setup when it dies..

Drew