[mythtv-users] mytharchive - is it supposed to work?

Rich Wilson richaw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:02:55 UTC 2012

I have tried numerous times to use mytharchive, and it has
always failed. Here is my most recent tale.

This is a recent install of mythbuntu 11.10
My first try died, something about a jpeg file. I never did
figure out what was wrong. I tried a different theme.

It died at mythburn.py:2593, complaining
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/dvd'
I don't understand. /dev/dvd is there, and permissions look good
(assuming the script isn't running as nobody).
I thought I would manually run the instruction, and
was able to execute the next few instructions from a python prompt.
However, I got into trouble at "pumount" (line 2593). This
seems to be a helper program that isn't present on my system.
I presume that's a mythbuntu problem. I gave up again.

Previous tries (in past years) resulted in crashes
apparently due to defects in the recorded broadcast
TV show. Once it actually recorded something to a DVD,
but it was only a few minutes of the total show.

Is anyone actually able to get mytharchive to do
something useful? In mythbuntu?
Is there an appropriate forum to chase down these
problems? All the forum posts I've found seem to be
very old, and not related to my problems.

Rich

--
Rich Wilson
richaw at gmail.com