[mythtv-users] Little Off Topic: FreePBX -> Growl Notifications

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:11:59 UTC 2012

for a PBX type caller ID notification I would have expected you'd want...

SENDMESSAGE with timeout
the timeout being used as a catchall incase the following doesnt fire or
get received correctly (I presume it is UDP)

REMOVEMessage a method to remove the message from the display once the
phone stops ringing...

just a suggestion as this would be a fairly normal way of handling this
with CTI (computer telephone integration - although many implemetations
actually complete screenpop on answer rather than screenpop on ring - to
stop people screening calls and only answering "nice" customers!).