[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 18:27:01 UTC 2012

Please excuse brevity and pistakes as this email was composed on an Android
smartphone.

Thanks and best regards
Richard Morton

On Feb 26, 2012 6:20 PM, "- -" <fretinvin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 February 2012 16:55, Gregory Moyer <moyerg at syphr.com> wrote:
>>
>> I just noticed this thread, but if it makes your life any easier, I
>> have written an open source pure Java implementation of the MythTV
>> protocol. I haven't tried it yet on Dalvik, so I don't know how well
>> it works on Android. In theory, it should be OK.
>

> Thank you, I think it will make my life easier (since it turned out to be
kinda hard to support multiple backend versions (db+protocol)). Probably I
should have tested more setups before the release of my application since
it turned out to be unusable for most people. I did not find any java
libraries when I started coding, but now I will test and integrate yours
and see how that works...

>> My code is under the Apache 2.0 license, so you can use it without
>> sharing your source. However, I'm sure many people would appreciate it
>> if you did.
>

> I probably will share the source someday. But, first I want to release a
version that actually works for more than me otherwise it's better to bury
it and forget about it ;

Au contrare, it maybe useful to have other developers give you pointers...

Foobum could integrate some of your ideas, and vice versa etc.