[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Gregory Moyer moyerg at syphr.com
Sun Feb 26 15:55:05 UTC 2012

I just noticed this thread, but if it makes your life any easier, I
have written an open source pure Java implementation of the MythTV
protocol. I haven't tried it yet on Dalvik, so I don't know how well
it works on Android. In theory, it should be OK.

The first release (0.1) supports protocols 63-70 (0.24 through master
2012/01/13) and is available at the following:
* Maven Central
(http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.syphr%7Clibmythtv-protocol%7C0.1%7Cjar)
* Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/libmythtv-java)

The source on GitHub (https://github.com/syphr42/libmythtv-java)
supports protocols 63-72 (current master) and is also available in
Maven from Sonatype's central snapshots repository as version
0.2-SNAPSHOT. There are several modules in that project, but the one
that might interest you is in the "protocol" sub-directory, Maven
group/artifact ID org.syphr/libmythtv-protocol.

The protocol and frontend network control implementations are solid,
but the rest is just concept work and isn't recommended for anything
useful.

My code is under the Apache 2.0 license, so you can use it without
sharing your source. However, I'm sure many people would appreciate it
if you did.

- Greg