[mythtv-users] Change fanart?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 01:02:45 UTC 2012

On 26 February 2012 06:59, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> Pretty sure the fanart (and other art) for a recording is stored based
> on what the recording rule for that recording said was correct at the
> time of the recording--meaning if you had the wrong value when the show
> recorded, you now need to update the actual recording's metadata (it's
> no longer using information from the rule).

I can tell you from experience that this isn't the case.
The metadata grabber has great deal of trouble to identify a TV series
(one that come with no series number or episode number) and a movie

Until a few days ago, even if you had properly set the episode/series
#, it could still be found as a movie

> I don't know for sure where/how to change the per-recording metadata,
> but I'm assuming it's in Watch Recordings, when you select the recording
> and hit MENU (you'll probably see something like, "Edit Recording
> Metadata").

You should be able to change this for the whole recording rule, and
according to the wiki, once you re-run the mythmetadata with
--refresh-all it should populate the actual recordings from the data
stored in the recording rule