[mythtv-users] Temporal 2x vs Temporal-Spatial 2x

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Feb 24 13:45:58 UTC 2012

On 12-02-24 12:19 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 24 February 2012 13:13, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>
>> The older GT240 card did not have any issues with that, but the GT430 does.
>
> You can't compare the GT240 with the GT430.

Sure I can.  I just did.
If you followed the thread, you'd know the reasons why.

In short, the GT240 was the most powerful fanless card available at the time,
but takes up two slot widths.   The newer GT430 from ASUS is also fanless,
and takes up only a single slot width, so I switched to it to regain use
of the second PCIe slot on the motherboard.

Both cards boast of 96 stream processors, and have VGA, DVI, and HDMI outputs.
So they are very comparable indeed.  Except in performance.

Pricewise, I paid aboutg $70 for each of them, more or less identical.

Cheers