[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Feb 23 18:33:47 UTC 2012

On 2/23/2012 11:04, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM, - -<fretinvin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I have yesterday released the first version of my hobby-project, a mythtv
>> frontend for Android.
>>
>> It uses protocol version 56 (mythtv 0.23).
> Which means it won't work with 0.24 or 0.25 backends, correct?

It also means it won't work on properly maintained 0.23 backends
either.  The fixes/0.23 branch received a bugfix, correcting the backend
protocol to resolve some issues that would prevent deletion of files
under certain circumstances, incurring a version bump to 23056.  While
this is a trivial change that likely requires only the change of one
string and a recompile, it does segregate the available market against
an app designed only for a single protocol version, and the selection of
the old protocol means it will be incompatible with the bulk of 0.23
users' systems.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Myth_Protocol#List_of_proto_bumps