[mythtv-users] Reliable channel changes on Dish network VIP 211k

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Feb 23 16:02:57 UTC 2012

On 02/23/2012 02:39 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> I suggest increasing the sleep time in your channel change script.  Is
> it set to 0.4s?  If so, try increasing it to 0.6 or 0.8 or even 1.
>
> Also, make sure you increase the capture cards's signal
> and--especially--tuning timeout sufficiently to handle the longest
> sequence of codes you will be sending in the channel change script *
> sleep_time + a little extra.

Thanks for the response.  I had tried increasing the time between
channel changes previously but it had little effect.

I hard code set the time between the select and sending the first digit
to 1 second and the time between digits to .6 and the channel changes
seem fairly reliable.  I will continue testing today and post a further
update.

Thanks and hopefully this will find a good solution.

Michael