[mythtv-users] Keyframe identification in cutlist editor

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:44:16 UTC 2012

On 22 February 2012 17:16, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 22/02/12 15:23, Nick Morrott wrote:
>>
>> I use avidemux (after a pass through ProjectX) quite a bit and always
>> ensure the start of a new sequence starts on an I- (or key-) frame (as
>
> It's not clear to me exactly how or why you're using ProjectX followed
> by avidemux; I suppose the aim is to get more sophisticated effects.

Perhaps I'm too oldskool :) I don't do any editing in MythTV and use
PX to correct for errors and optionally top and tail a file. I
currently use avidemux for the actual editing as I find it more
natural to use when sitting as the desk. It requires a little more
prep (like generating an index beforehand) but it "works for me".

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott