[mythtv-users] Disabling recording rules without deleting them?

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Thu Feb 23 03:20:10 UTC 2012

On 23/02/2012 1:24 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> On 23 February 2012 11:30, Manuel McLure <manuel at mclure.org
> <mailto:manuel at mclure.org>> wrote:
>
>     After a long and blissful period using MythTV, I unfortunately won't
>     be able to use it as a PVR for the foreseeable future since my TV
>     provider is switching from (mostly) unencrypted IPTV to a Microsoft
>     Mediaroom based system. Until I get some other way of feeding TV into
>     the MythTV, I want to keep the MythTV system from attempting to make
>     any recordings, since I don't want a whole bunch of failed recordings
>     to show up in my lists while I watch the shows that are already
>     recorded. However, I'd like to keep the recording rules around for
>     future use in case I manage to get another source hooked up.
>
>     Is there any way to do this, or should I simply delete the recording
>     rules and recreate them whenever I have another form of input?
>     --
>

> use the Inactive option for each of the recording rules.
Schedule Recordings -> Recording Rules -> [Select Recording] -> Schedule
Options -> Recording Rule Active

> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

Thats Schedule Recordings -> Recording Rules -> [Select Recording] ->
Schedule Options -> Recording Rule Active
Or
If you have a lot of rules, AND ARE CONFIDENT ISSUING SQL COMMANDS, you
could use;
         UPDATE record SET inactive=1 WHERE inactive=0;

Regards
Michael