[mythtv-users] error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so.2

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 22 04:46:11 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 08:51 PM, Frank Phillips wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:08 PM, William Otten wrote:
>> I just updated mythtv 0.25 to the latest mythbuntu version (.b304daf).
>> When starting either the frontend or backend an error message occurs:
>> error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so.2: cannot open shared
>> object file: no such file or directory
>> Also at the time of the update another file got installed:
>> libgles2-mesa
> Looks like your mythtv package is being built with a Qt package with
> opengles2 support. See previous commit:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/c5125787b1d6f1785f4ee556f504e2114f810d36
>
> pkg-config --variable=qt_config QtOpenGL

Yeah, at this point anyone who installs Mesa OpenGL ES (embedded system)
support on their non-embedded desktop system and then tries to compile
MythTV will get a broken MythTV.  I'll be pushing a fix in the next day
or two.

It sounds like KDE has some bling that's developed using OpenGL ES,
instead of OpenGL, so I recommend that anyone with OpenGL ES (and, if
you're not sure if you have that, anyone with KDE, just to be safe) stay
on 0.24-fixes for the time being.

Mike