[mythtv-users] to Beirdo re ticket #10336

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 21 20:09:57 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 02:07 PM, Frank Phillips wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
>> I'd like to report that I'm up and running again by removing the two folders
>>
>> /usr/include/GLES
>> /usr/include/GLES2
>>
>> They were part of Mesa-devel and were causing all this mixup. I know it's not a proper fix, but mythtv compiles and runs ok (I've not tried the mythplugins, yet, but I'm optimistic).
>>
>> So, if any other OpenSuSE 12.1 or Archlinux user has the same problem with opengl and Head, they can try this way.
>>
> So it was the header files rather than the library, interesting. I
> suspect the Archlinux user had the libgles package installed (we break
> mesa into multiple packages), which was pulled in by kdebase-workspace
> (I don't know why libgles is a dependency for it).

That's definitely interesting.

Yianni, thanks for continuing to investigate, and for finding a
workaround/real lead.  I think I see what's happening, now, and I think
I might be able to make it work, even with OpenGL ES headers installed.
I hope the changes you made are undo-able (maybe you can restore the
directory using your package manager) because I'd love to get you to
test, again, once I push the change, so we can verify it works.

Mike