[mythtv-users] MythTV Is Now Forked As Torc

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 21 18:25:42 UTC 2012

* On Tue Feb 21, 2012 at 12:45:35PM -0500, David Liana wrote:
> I don't think I've seen any of the dev's officially speak to why there was
> a fork in the first place.  Anyone care to comment?

<hat type='Official MythTV Developer' status='On'>

That's something you should really be asking the people who did the fork.
There have been several forks of MythTV in the past, some were renamed and
some not renamed.  This one is a bit unique in that it was done by a
couple of MythTV Developers.  If you want to know why they did it, I think
you're better off getting the answer from them rather than hearing something
3rd party on the MythTV mailing list.  Try #Torc or #Torc-dev on
irc.freenode.net, I don't believe they have a mailing list (yet).  I wouldn't
hold your breath waiting for a Torc -> MythTV re-merge though.  Torc is not
an ongoing development branch of MythTV even if it is implementing some of
the same things we have talked about doing after the 0.25 release.  If it
were a branch for this purpose, it would just be a branch off of the main
MythTV repo similar to the gpu-commflag and jobqueue-rewrite branches
that exist for future features.

</hat>

--
Chris Pinkham