[mythtv-users] Can I play music on 2 frontend simultaneously ?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:50:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM, nemo <myth797 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/02/12 21:53, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>

> On 20 Feb 2012, at 09:32 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Squeezeboxserver does this well but of course you need their hardware. I am
> not sure how well sync works with the software players.
>
> Sync between their hardware players is absolutely superb!  I've not tried
> their software players recently, but when I tried them a few years ago it
> wasn't quite there. Maybe they have improved in the later releases.
>
> Robert.
>
> Works fine here with 2 hardware players and one software one (squeezeslave).
>
> From memory the restriction is that only one software player can be synced
> at a time - but I may be out of date with that.

OK I compiled squeezeslave on my frontend today but will have to wait
until i get home to test it.

I followed the instructions here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeSlave

Only problem I perceive is that the frontend connects to a receiver
via spdif and the two hardware players don't. The digital connection
MIGHT introduce a small delay.