[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi suitability for MythFrontend

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Mon Feb 20 16:53:08 UTC 2012

On February 20, 2012, Tyler T wrote:
> > relevant to note the scheduler also requires a lot of CPU grunt that the
> > pi isn't likely to cut too well either (Shame the video processor cant
> > be easily 'borrowed') However I also recall someone saying their
> > sheevaplug was up to the scheduling....
>
> That'd be me. Scheduler takes 1-2 minutes to run but that hasn't been
> a problem so it doesn't bother me -- I enjoy the power, bulk, and
> noise reductions too much. :)

My MBE is a QNAP TS219P, which has the same CPU/RAM as a sheevaplug but has 2
sata bays abd 2 esata ports.

The scheduler takes 15-25 seconds to run on my system.  I just upgraded the
root drive that holds the database to an ssd and increased my query_cache_size
to 32M.  Before that change, the scheduler took 35-65 seconds to run.

Mark