[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi suitability for MythFrontend OR maybe better as a backend!?

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:43:16 UTC 2012

On Feb 20, 2012, at 10:02 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> On 12-02-20 09:53 AM, jrh wrote:
>>
>> The plan is for the RPis to only capture video and store on the NAS.
>
> Why?  What problem are you trying to solve here?  The RPi slave BEs seem
> entirely unnecessary.
>
> b.

Info from earlier:
I am thinking of a plan such as this:

Gigabit network

Something like a mac mini as a master backend(No transcoding)

2 or 3 R Pis (Network versions with 256MB) as slave back ends. Tuners for these will be  HVR950Qs

A NAS(DNS323) for them that will store video via NFS connection from FEs/BEs.

The plan is for the RPis to only capture video and store on the NAS. The master backend would then feed the video stream to frontends.