[mythtv-users] Gentoo builds - broken-er

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:11:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
> On 02/20/2012 05:30 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:

>>> I don't usually like to make my updates to the original, I prefer to
>>> copy it to my own space and make changes there, leaving the original
>>> intact.  That doesn't work in this case, obviously.
>>>
>> For values of 'copy'. Why didn't you cp -R the whole tree? Then you'd have
>> pulled in the other info. Or is this in a separate part of the tree space?
>>
> I have other things in my private portage tree, and I'm not sure how
> they would react to those mythtv extras.  The way would have been to
> make a second private tree, as a copy of mythtv_portage/Gentoo.  But I
> took the easy road, and just modified the ebuild in-place.  I've since
> sync'ed the tree with no problem, so I imagine it will continue to work
> OK until 0.24.x is updated, at which time I'll get a fixed ebuild
> anyway, and won't need my edited version.

Non myth related ebuilds should not cause you any harm.

I would look at the ebuild trees at

https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/Gentoo

and

https://github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv/tree/0.24-fixes

to see what is needed (eclass ...) in your own copy of these ebuilds.

The first link (official ebuilds) does not have the patch for the dvb
change in mythtv however there is a pull request to fix that. The
second link (a project I am involved in) has the update since I
updated the ebuilds this weekend.

John